For most internet users who are starting off their web journey, Internet Explorer is likely to be their first browser. This is mostly because, it is the only browser installed by default on the popular series of Windows Operating Systems from Microsoft. Hence, many of tend to get entrenched in IE and most importantly start to create and compile a list of useful bookmarks which they later find hard to give up when they switch over to a more user friendly and feature rich browser such as Firefox.
This tutorial will help them overcome all of these shortcomings.
- Install and open Firefox.
- Click On File->Import button.
- A dialog box will pop up asking you from which browser you want to make the import. The best part about Firefox is that it will auto-detect the browsers installed and give you the respective options for importing them.
- Select on Internet Explorer and click on the next button.
- The browser will now give you options about which settings you want to import from your Internet Explorer to Firefox. Choose the ones that are pertinent, and click on next.
- The browser will now start to import the requisite files.
- Once the import process is completed, you can click on the finish button.
- The imported bookmarks can be seen from the Bookmarks menu under the “From Internet Explorer” Bookmark heading.
- If you have chosen to import any other settings from IE, those too will be merged in the respective places in your Firefox as well.